The Louisa County Department of Economic Development helps businesses through every stage of expanding or locating, from initial research and site selection assistance to ongoing business mentorship and support.
Whether you're a startup looking for a home or an established firm looking to grow, we work diligently to ensure that you get off to the right start and that you enjoy long-term success in Louisa County.
Andy Wade is Louisa County's Director of Economic Development.
Louisa County Snapshot
- Louisa County is located in Central Virginia, between Charlottesville and Richmond.
- Louisa County is only 95 miles from Washington, D.C.
- There are two incorporated towns–Louisa and Mineral. Louisa is the County seat.
- The County has a pro-business climate with low operating costs and an abundance of industrial space and new business parks in close proximity to Interstate 64.
- The local economy is a mix of manufacturing, distribution and commercial entities. We also have a number of small businesses located in and around our incoporated towns. Recent expansion has also seen the addition of larger "big box" stores, such as Lowes and Wal-mart.
To learn more about doing business in Louisa County, please contact Andy Wade, Economic Development Director, at (540) 967-4581 or email email@example.com.